Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Last Night I Dreamt We Had Really Degrading Sex

Hey - I guess you got my message, thanks for meeting me. I had to get this off my chest.

Yes, I did. I hope that doesn't "weird you out" or change anything about our friendship. I'm just telling you that it happened, and I want to own up to it.

No, I'm not apologizing, per se. I don't think it's fair to be held accountable for every little thing my unconscious mind produces in the middle of the night. I just want you to understand why I will now appear distant or distracted when we talk. The real world seems incongruous with the mental image I've established of you, and that takes it's toll on conversation. The dream was that vivid.

I won't go into any further detail, this is all uncomfortable enough. Suffice it to say that we both got it pretty bad, it was predominantly one-on-one but not entirely, and this is the final time I'll be making eye contact with you.

If it's any consolation, you were very tender about it. About everything. In the dream.

I guess I am apologizing.

I'm sorry.

0 comments: