Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Enough With the Sports Analogies

Hey, enough with the sports analogies already. I get it. I see what you're doing there.

"This week we're going to need a full-court press from you guys!"

Really? Are we trying to shut down the opposing company's leading scorer? Are they making inbound passes too easily within their half of the market?

"Yeah, that was a fumble on our part, but Chet stepped up and hit a real home run at the product unveiling! Just a knockout!"

Do you hear yourself? Are you describing a game of blernsball? How many more nuggets of solid gold wisdom will that Cuisinart wit you've acquired through the years spit out?

"We're on the one yard line here folks, and I need you to punch it in for the touchdown!"

Who are the 'folks' in this example, exactly? If its the people in my department, I don't think we're going to get much of a push on the line of scrimmage. I say kick the field goal or its going to be 4th and Goal on the 26 yard line before you know it.

"I'm sorry Billy, strike three as they say. We're going to have to let you go. You've just dropped the ball one too many times. "

Would you like to make that a combo for an additional 99 cents?

0 comments: