Wednesday, January 9, 2008

BRB, GTG JO

Since we now live in the TCAP era (as I believe it will come to be known, historically), awareness of what our kids are saying online is more important than ever. Luckily, there are a multitude of resources out there for parents who need help deciphering the crazy slang kids are using during their online internet virtual avatar cyberchats. These usually consist of nothing more than a bulleted list of LMAOs and TTYLs with translations attached for the acronym-challenged.

Not the case here, courtesy of the good people over at WMTW, news and weather for the greater Portland area. Not only have I never heard of most of these, I can't recall seeing one with a similar emphasis on graphic design. Look at this:



Click the image to see the entire slideshow. I can remember when LOL and ROFL were exciting and new. Now I don't know what's what. I used to be with it, but then they changed what 'it' was. Now what I'm with isn't 'it', and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me. And it will happen to you!

0 comments: