Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Self Depreciating Childhood Nostalgia pt. 1

The summer between 8th and 9th grade all my friends skateboarded. I wanted to fit in to my new group of skateboarding friends so I began putting a lot of time into skating.

One day I invited my friend Chris over to my house. It was the first time I had hung out with him outside school and I wanted to make sure he thought I was a cool dude. After I spoke to him on the phone I brought my skateboard out to the area just inside the front door and started tightening the trucks with a ratchet. It took a while for him to arrive so I was sitting there messing around with my trucks for some time. When he got there he walked up to the screen door and looked inside. I was all like “Oh, come in Chris! I didn’t see you walk up, I was so busy tightening my trucks!”

That day he lent me Quarantine and I never gave it back.

0 comments: