Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Oscar Noms n Quams

For the most part I agree with this year's Oscar Nominations.

There Will Be Blood and No Country For Old Men are getting what they deserve, though it woulda been nice to see Paul Dano get nom for best supporting. And Johnny Greenwood gets disqualified from the race? How lame.

What I don't get is how Juno got nominated for best pic. Really? Juno? I mean yeah, I've never been a 16 year old prego girl. I'm missing that part of my life. But really. Juno? I don't really have any beef with Ellen Page. She's a good actress. But her part was written like a bad Kevin Smith character who's too smart for her own good. And I've known girls like that in high school. And I've seen girls like that in movies before. I guess what I don't get is that people are reacting to Juno like it's this groundbreaking film.

If anyone deserves a nomination from Juno, it's J.K. Simmons and Allison Janney, the father and step mother. Those two characters held what little interest I had in this movie. And I don't mean to sound like a pretentious petey, but what about The Diving Bell and the Butterfly. That movie was an experience, like nothing ever put on film before. And Juno beat it out for a best picture nod?

"How was Diving Bell and the Butterfly, Anthony?"
"Oh it was good. It was no Juno, though."

Yeah, cause that makes complete sense.

"OK!!! I'M FINISHED!"

1 comments:

maybe i can help... said...

Juno gets my "Crash" / "Gladiator" award for "good flick, but come on!"