Monday, December 17, 2007

2007 - Good Enough For a Poke

Damn 2007, where you goin at this hour baby? I feel like we just got started. I've been in too many relationships where I was too afraid to say something, to feel something maybe? Maybe I was just scared I actually found someone that I cared for, and now all we have left are 14 cold days. It's just that I haven't felt this way in a long time about a year, and ya know what? I like who I am because of it. There I said it. And it feels SOOO good to say.

There's so much to say, yet the words are just words. They come from the heart baby. Remember all those albums we listened to together? Those were ours. New music from Aqueduct and Clap Your Hands made us so happy. Remember that night we fell asleep listening to Sigur Ros? Sure they were just acoustics and b-sides, but they were our acoustics and b-sides. And if we weren't sleepin, which we usually weren't, we were gettin doubled up by R. Kelly. I miss those nights, girl. One sided phone conversations never tasted so sweet.

Shhh girl you don't have to cry.

Just think about all them Shins we winced to. The night away. There it is! There's that smile I fell in love with. I knew you had it in you. Dry that eye. We got a new Radiohead this year with excellent results. And Arcade Fire showed us how gloomy could be fun! And sure the new Stars, and Kevin Drew's solo album were just OK, but Feist held that Broken Social Scene torch way up high, and we saw it, and we cried. Remember when we used to cry together? Trent Reznor doesn't. He's still packin em in, makins me scareds. Modest Mouse too. Maybe not their best album, but it was damn good, and if damn good is all we have, that's fine. Because it's something WE have. Together.

The list goes on honey, and I'm sure there are some I'm missing, but isn't that what love is all about. Yeah Sir Paul only had a few good songs off Memory Almost Full, but we sang them through the night. And yeah Wilco went all adult contemporary, but it was our adult contemporary, and they can't take that away from us. Remember when we did it like rabbits to the new Bogdan? And then smoked some cigs after, listening to Okkervil River and thought about movies?

Remember when we thought you were preggers, and we went to see Knocked Up and laughed our worries away. I do. And it took about 20 years but we finally got a Simpsons Movie, and it was pretty damn good. What about when you were like "Wes Anderson always makes the same movie," and I was like ,"2007, I will fucking cut your throat if you don't shut up." And we saw Darjeeling and it was superb. I've never seen you cry like that after that night I threatened to cut your throat. But you saw me cry during Atonement and Diving Bell and the Butterfly, so no big whoops. We got a new Coen Bros, AND a new PTA. You loved cringing during the brutality of No Country For Old Men, yet were so bored with There Will Be Blood. What the fuck is wrong with you. Are you just stupid or retarded. That movie kicked almost every other movie's ass. And you were bored. Fuck you and your high horse 2007. Fuck you.

No, no, I'm sorry baby. Don't cry. Listen, let's just play some Mario Galaxy and forget this ever happened. If you get all 120 stars you get Luigi. Remember Luigi? Yeah? He flails his legs when he jumps. Remember that from Mario 2? Ok. Lets get Luigi.

I love ya 2007. More than any year in recent memory. And I don't say that much. When I do I mean it. I love you. And I want the whole world to know.

But I'll probably still hook up with someone else on New Years. Because ya know. It's New Years. And chicks want me.

1 comments:

Anthony said...

oh yeah. new MIA too. i forgets things.