Friday, August 31, 2007

Two Paychecks a Month is Bollocks

I got paid this morning, in an unwarrantably surly fashion. The dog-faced lady from payroll came scooting over to my desk and looked at me for like a full three seconds before saying anything ( its longer than you think - try it). She then took yet another second to look down at the collection of envelopes in her hand. Finally, she blurted out "William?" and her eyes widened in an accusatory fashion, like she was daring me to be William. I nodded my head, and took the envelope she offered.

So the real bitch about all of this is that the scene described above is only going to play out twice a month from here on out. I've never been on the twice a month payment schedule before and frankly I'm not looking forward to it. I foresee some lean times right around the 13th-15th of the month, waiting for that next injection into the checking account. If nothing else, it will force me to stick to a budget, so...you know...silver lining on every cloud. Geeehh.

------------------------------------------------------

Last week I blogged myself into a veritable tizzy over the new M.I.A. album. Check out this little video Diplo put on YouTube of some behind the scenes work on "Paper Planes".

1 comments:

Bob said...

You should HIT THAT BITCH WITH A SHOVEL!!!

LOLOLOLOZZ!!!!!11!!!

(gags on invisible cock)