Monday, August 20, 2007

Don't Stop Be-peevin'

Like most people, there are a few things that really peeve me. I wouldn't call these things "pet" peeves, as they are not that close to my heart.

One peeve I've noticed over the past few weeks is how the G train tilts inbetween Greenpoint Ave and 21st/Van Alst (or as I like to call it 21st/Van Awfulst). Picture this if you will. You get on the train and there is no room to grab onto any bars. So to make up for the train's sudden "jerking" movement, you spread your legs to brace yourself. It's a common practice on the G train. I dunno about any other lines. Unfortunately the G train ALSO tilts to the right while in between those 2 stops. So your all braced and whatnot, and then all of a sudden you start falling. Everyone falls over, even the ones who are lucky enough to get seats. The tilt is THAT bad.

The totally neat thing about me though, of which there are a few, is that my right leg is longer than my left leg by the EXACT AMOUNT OF THE G TRAIN TILT! So all I have to do is stand the other way. For you laymen, it's like standing on a skateboard the other way. The non-conventional way. Not many people can do that. The problem with my competing leg lengths though, is that I can't walk most other places because I fall the fuck over!

So I guess the G train tilt doesn't "peeve" me.

You know what does though? That movie Smokin' Aces. Really. Fuck that movie. It makes no sense.

1 comments:

Tim said...

My first question is why the fuck do you ride the G train?

Nextingly, I believe standing the wrong way on a skateboard is called "Goofy Foot".*


*not a question